Sunday, April 08, 2007

Posting a recipe

My apologies for the lack of blogging activity since the Quebec election. It's end of term right now, and I've been putting my students' needs ahead of those of my gentle readers. Right now, I am one unmarked paper away from being finished all my teaching work for the term. I also have a wicked cold, and I suspect the two are connected.

So, in lieu of a post, I give you this link to a Hot Cross Buns recipe from my husband's blog. Neither of us is religious, but there are some traditions that we continue to observe, most of which centre around food. Speaking of which, deep-fried Cadbury's Creme Eggs are delicious, and don't let anyone tell you differently!

Labels:

Recommend this Post

3 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your deep-fried Cadbury's Creme Eggs comment has me quite perplexed how do you deep fry them?

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger Matt said...

You coat them in a light batter (like you would for an onion ring or apple fritter), then immerse them in hot oil (in our case, in a deep-fryer) and fry them until the batter is crispy.

You have to watch them carefully though, because if the egg breaks free of the coating, you end up with gooey chocolate all through the oil.

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger Mark Greenan said...

Deep fried Creme Eggs, that's just wrong.

*looks for oil for the deep fryer*

Happy Easter Matts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home