Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Anniversary Post and a Call for Political Advice

Pample the Moose is seven calendar years old today. I'm not sure how old that is in blog years. My posting has become more erratic in recent years, but I'm still committed to keeping it going for the foreseeable future.

So as to have some content here beyond a simple age statement, I'm hoping for a wee bit of advice in the comments section - and this is one of those rare occasions where I'll tolerate some partisanship. I'm making my end-of-year donations right now, trying to beat the deadline for tax receipts. I've figured out my charitable donations, but I had been considering making a political contribution or two as well this year. The trouble is, I'm not certain where best to donate. Over the last decade, I've voted for Liberals, NDPers and Greens, although to be honest my main consideration this year is Liberal vs. NDP. My dilemma is that both of the major parties are leaderless at the moment, and their future policies uncertain. I am an anyone-is-better-than-a-Conservative voter, and so like the idea of contributing to the efforts of the opposition parties during this post-election re-building phase. However, I'm not currently feeling energized by either campaign enough to want to take out a membership.

So, do I donate to the Liberals, the NDP, both or neither? Suggestions and rationales are welcome!

Labels: , ,

Recommend this Post

1 Comments:

At 1:20 pm, Anonymous Mark Reynolds said...

They will both have new leaders within a year; until then, you are probably better off donating to some other worthy cause that you are reasonably sure will remain a worthy cause in the near future. They'll still be around, and there is no election imminent, so there is no rush. Alternately, could you not donate to specific candidates?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home