Monday, September 08, 2008

Palin or Harper? I know who I'll be watching on October 2!

Scott Feschuk points out that the only English-language most-of-the-leaders debate will be taking place on October 2nd, the same night as the only vice presidential debate in the US election campaign.

I'm a political junkie and a Canadian political historian, and I know which debate I'm expecting to find more interesting. I'll take a face-off between Biden and Palin any day over the snore-fest that will be wonk-versus-wonk.

Way to go, consortium!

UPDATE: I found Feschuk's comments on Andrew Coyne's blog. Between this post on why the Greens should be participating and this post on the Bloc coming forward to say that in fact they didn't threaten to boycott a debate with the Greens present, I'm reminded of how much I miss the days when Coyne posted more regularly - before the wingnuts took over the comments section of his old blog. I'm glad to see him back in form for the campaign!

Labels: , , ,

Recommend this Post

1 Comments:

At 2:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear what you are saying. Though, I am for the first time in a long time feeling more interested in Canadian politics, just to see what Canadians are on out. Bush Jr. out the door? On the other hand, watching the Palin trainwreck will be far more interesting...

Marcel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home