Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Exchanging Drug-Enforcement Officers for Troops

I'm on vacation at the moment, although my lack of posting of late has mostly been a reflection of the lack of exciting happenings in Canadian politics. That being said, does it strike anyone else as interesting that Tony Clement has announced a Nancy Reagan-esque anti-drug campaign just before Stephen Harper told George W. Bush that Canada would not be extending the Afghanistan mission past 2009?

Sounds like a little tit for tat - we're reducing our contribution to America's "War on Terror" (TM), but we'll help out more with its "War on Drugs"(TM).

I'm going to go back to my vacation activity of constructing tin foil hats...

Labels: , , , , ,

Recommend this Post

1 Comments:

At 4:12 pm, Blogger J@ckp1ne said...

That is an interesting observation,I didn't think of that when I heard about the anti drug campaign.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home