Monday, September 18, 2006

Voting Day

Today is election day in New Brunswick. If you are an eligible voter in this province, then get out and vote! Polls open at 10 AM and close at 8 PM. You can register to vote at the polling stations with valid ID.

As I always tell people - if you don't vote, you don't get to complain, because you've checked out of the process. Even if it's the party that you voted for that gets into power and then disappoints you, you can still complain and claim that they haven't lived up to their promises!

From all accounts, it looks to be a nailbiter. I don't know how the election is going to turn out, or even who will be my MLA.

But, for the sake of embarassing myself, I'm going to guess that it will be a narrow Liberal win (30-32 seats), with Conservative Mike Olscamp winning my riding of Tantramar, and the NDP getting completely shut out.

This doesn't necesarilly reflect my preferred scenario, but rather my reading of the various polls and commentary, plus my gut instinct. I ignored my gut when I was in the federal election pool, and it cost me dearly.

I have figured out my vote, and I would like to thank all three candidates in my riding for their responses to my questions. I'm not very happy with any of the ideology-party-leader-local candidate combinations that I can pick between, but I'm going to go with the combination that best reflects where I stand.

Tune in tomorrow for results!

Recommend this Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home